He got a phone call about a Chargers game/Poker night at another friends house. So we decided to go. I sent a text to another mutual friend between us and now he was game as well. His only problem was that he was just finishing up a pitcher of margaritas with two other friends and would need a ride.
So I decided to become the DD for the night. I went to go and pick up Margarita man, and on the way he asked if the two friends could join in. Sure why not. Only I still had the blanket in the back seat from the No Doubt concert. I found a driveway right next to the bar and proceeded to clean out my back seat into my trunk.
Once in the front seat I say "I wonder if the people living there are wondering whats going on?" Cat man says "I think there is someone at the door." Next thing I know an elderly lady is standing in the doorway with a blue muumuu on and a wooden baseball bat in her hand.
I roll down my window and try to explain why I was there, and how I was just cleaning out the back seat. She just raises the bat and yells "Bye bye." I am not wanting to deal with anymore car issues this summer so I start to back out, and she goes back inside.
I am just about the clear the sidewalk when Margarita Man plus two stumble out of the bar so I stop and they get in my car, and out comes Muumuu Mama again. Knee jerk reaction was to yell something out my window like "You must be the friendliest neighbor in South Park." But I don't and just leave.
The rest of the night went well, Chargers won, along with Poker Princess beating out all the guys! (Not me poker isn't my thing.) Good friends and lots of laughs. However, I am still really bothered by the Muumuu Mama.
Fast-forward to after church today. I am so tired, and am getting ready to take a nap and Muumuu mama pops into my head, and I start to feel bad about what I wanted to shout at her. And think of how I can approach her without getting my head turned into a baseball. Cookies!!! Everyone loves cookies and the worst she could do is not take them.
I had made gingerbread cookies and had left over dough still in the fridge. I am now thinking after a nap I will make them and then deliver. However, my brain and body wouldn't let me sleep. So up I was making heart shaped gingerbread cookies when it is already hot out. Then decorated them with frosting.
Next thing I know I am out the door and head back to Muumuu Mamas. She was a very pleasant person (without the bat, but still in the muumuu) and proceeded to introduce me to her sister Jane, and her cat Gracie. I apologized for bothering her, and didn't mean to upset her. She then went on and on and on and on, about the things that she has seen outside her front door. She called it "People Television".
Things ended with a goodbye from me and a thanks from her for the cookies. Moral of the story communication is key, and gut instincts to shout things out the window are best left in your head.
1 comment:
That's funny. What a great story.
Post a Comment