Friday, June 26, 2015

From Now on I'm Switzerland

Here I am again between celebration and morning. The Supreme Court has made their decision and I see joy through so many that I love, but I also see devastation. And it sucks to be stuck in the middle sometimes. So here are my thoughts. I don’t expect any responses I just feel compelled to put my thoughts out there.

Religious persecution is a part of almost all religions history. People were persecuted for believing in the wrong god, or false god. Others viewed this worship as sinful. But people did what they thought was right and moved to places where they could worship the way they feel is correct and pleasing to God. Later in our countries history, law was set into place to allow those to worship freely without being persecuted. I do believe in this right that all should be able to worship the way they feel is correct. This equality is a right in our country given to all.

Now to today. People have been persecuted for living a life they feel is correct. They have moved to places where they could live their life a bit more freely but still were persecuted. Now our country has made history again by putting law into place to allow all to live in equality. And I do believe this is right that all should have the same rights and be allowed to live the life they feel is correct.
This is my view, and I hope you can see the parallels that I can see in these situations. And this is why I feel stuck. I wish I could show the good of both sides to each other. Those celebrating today have fought a battle for this freedom for a long time. And those who fully believe in their religious ideals have been fighting just as long. I am ready for the fighting to stop, and I am hoping that acceptance and love for fellow men can be seen and respected.

Today I choose to celebrate with those that have been persecuted, and now have full rights. And I am sure if I was alive back when religious freedom was granted I would also be choosing to celebrate with those who were persecuted and were given full rights. I am choosing to take on the roll as peacemaker in this situation and hope that someday outrage on both sides will not happen.


I have nothing but love, and choose to see good in people, I choose life. 


No comments: