This weekend, I went down to visit my friends Audra and Kelly in Chula Vista. I was all excited to hang out with them two nights in a row, and it looked like it was going to be a good night until.....
we left their place to go to get pizza, and my car was gone. Yep gone. Turns out the HOA in Audra's complex likes to tow people who don't have the "guest pass". Now she has lived there for over a year, and I have never seen a sign about this, or been towed before. I was parked in a spot that said guest parking. Normally in a complex guests are allowed to park there, with no permit or anything. Hence the name "guest parking".
Anyway, I had only been there for 45min, and then we found my car was gone. The person working for the HOA as the ticketer/caller of the money hungry towing company is really doing their job. And when we called the tow company it wasn't even half way back yet. Well, they wouldn't bring it back, so we all went out there to bail "Dottie" out of car jail.
Now I have worked in retail, and I learned that people who were not that nice to me, didn't get things so fast, or I just happened to not tell them about a deal they could have had. Keeping this in mind and that this is their job, all three of us were as sweet as honey to the man behind the bullet proof glass. Even though I had to spend money that was not in my budget this month, I did get over one hundred off my tab for being nice. Plus my friends are a God send and helped me out as well!
So as we approach the crazy holiday shopping season, keep in mind the old saying "You get more bees with honey, than with vinegar". or something like that.
:)
3 comments:
oh my goodness Em, I'm so sorry to hear that. Although I at first thought you were going to say your car was stolen! Either way it still cost money that we normally don't have in our budget. I hope we will see you Thursday. Drive carefully.
ewww... that must have been one frustrating night.. at least you had good friends to keep you company and happy you got $100 off the final bill! we have been victims of a chicago boot (over 1000 bucks) so i feel your pain. have a good thanksgiving!!
I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm bummed we couldn't make it.
Post a Comment