I know the school system will never be perfect but this is a sad story to see the students not gaining the knowledge they need to move on in math let alone pass the CAHSEE that will let them graduate. I know a lot of teachers quit in their first 5 years of teaching because the school system is crazy, but I just can't seem to turn my back on these students. Even if they do hate me for giving them homework every night. Also I am going through the stress with the staff for a budget freeze. Yep we can't even get paper right now. Plus those who have opted for the "golden handshake" of early retirement are being forced to take built up sick days because they can't pay them out. I don't know if those soon to be open jobs are going to be filled in though with no money to pay them.
Things need to change, I just don't know how.
No comments:
Post a Comment