
One of the best things about being in San Diego, is people come to you for vacation. Then you have the task of playing tour guide, which I love. I never really make time to go and see the sights, so it is nice to be able to go with people that I love. My parents came down a few weekends ago and our main highlight was to go to the zoo. Now I live less than a mile away from the zoo, and run by it often, but this was only my second trip inside.

It was a perfect day you couldn't have asked for better weather. Also, when going up to get our tickets a lady asked us if we wanted two tickets for free. She got them complimentary so she didn't want anything for them. DEAL!!!! We ended up getting three in for the price of one!
The Zoo is just amazing inside. They have done a really good job of utilizing their space,but still making in a joy to walk around, and not just sidewalks or dirt trails. My favorite is the koalas. However the one that would say hi on my runs and the morning of my Marathon, doesn't sit by the fence anymore. I didn't get to ask if she was ok, but I hope they just moved the habitat around and she is fine. 
I think my mom really liked the humming birds atrium. We even got to see a nest with some movement inside, but it was to high up. My dad seemed set on seeing the elephants and polar bears. Both of these were entertaining to watch for a bit. The polar bears were loving the palm fronds that were placed in their exhibit, and the elephants had all kinds of "toys" that held their food so they had to work a bit to get it.
It was a long day with lost of walking, but still really fun.

We also went out to Coronado for a looksy at the Hotel Del Mar or as the the locals say The Del. This is an old hotel, but very beautiful, and believe me you pay for the location and looks of this place. However, it is fun to go and wander around and enjoy the beaches there. I had only been inside one of the restaurants before so it was fun to wander the grounds with my parents. 
All in all, it was a great weekend with the family. (Sorry you missed out Cindy) Good food, good company, and good sights of SD!
2 comments:
aww, so cute! i'm glad you had fun. i haven't been to the zoo since i was in junior high. how sad is that? me being the animal lover that i am! great pics. :) love you!
How fun!! Cameron has never been to the San Diego Zoo so we will have to visit sometime soon, ok maybe not until fall.
Post a Comment