Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day of unpacking

After the crazy move in day, with the kindness of one neighbor, we had boxes and boxes to unpack. So we started. I moved right into the kitchen crazy mess just trying to get things out of boxes and any place they would fit. Thank goodness we have a ton of storage in our kitchen. While I was doing that Gary was working on the living room and organizing what we would put down in our storage unit.

We found some touch up paint that was left by the last tenant and stacked it on top of the pile of things going down to the storage unit. As I was helping Gary with putting together some shelves in the living room when were heard something shift and then watched the gallon of paint crash to the floor.

Great we haven't even been here a full 24 hours and we are witnessing our deposit drift away from us. Thank goodness I have done a lot of painting in my short 30 years and know that you can clean up paint of hard surfaces easily if it isn't dry. I tell Gary this and we start looking for rags. However, everything is in boxes and the only thing we can find is my good towels from before we were married. So those were sacrificed to clean up paint. I am telling Gary to turn off the fans and AC while we are rushing to clean.

It felt like more time but in under a minute we had cleaned up and were so happy we had cheap laminate for flooring.

After the painting of the floor we were able to finish unpacking the kitchen, and do a little grocery shopping. For our first meal in our new place Gary wanted to have a "Taco Kit". Now for a west coast gal I never had heard of these before, but I guess when you live a distance from Mexico the only way to get everything for tacos is in a kit. It wasn't all that bad, kind of like a hamburger helper Mexican style.

All in all day one was an improvement to move in day. Let's just hope we can get organized and fall into a routine fast.

No comments: