It has been a month now that school has been in for San Diego, and the weather is just as bad as it was in July/Aug. I know a lot of buildings in SD are not airconditioned, but you would think a school would be. I get the older schools not having it, but I have subbed in about 5 different schools that have been built within the past 3 years, and find myself dripping with sweat due to the lack of AC. This wouldn't be a big deal if the schools didn't pick and choose what rooms would be comfy and what rooms would roast. That's right rooms. I was in a classroom right above the Library at one school, and was so hot with just one little fan. Where the library was like an icebox, and it wasn't even open to the students yet. The Admin offices have been the same way at these schools. At any given time while teaching I can garentee I have more bodies in my class then the entire admin building had. We should be spending the money on making the classrooms more comfy for the students. Things get ugly when students are tired and hot, and just wanting to get out for some air, no teaching is taking place when it is this bad. Not to mention some of these schools have been middle schools, and at that age you don't really smell that nice. I have asked some schools and they just say that they don't have any control over it, and I am not buying it since their office is nice and friged.
I just can't wait till Winter!!!!
2 comments:
Hey you!!! What have you been upto? I miss you! I hope things are good with you. Love you
As an update to this issue: I have been in one only one school that had AC where I was. And I hope it was the whole school and not just because I was in the Chem Lab. However, I worked in a Geom. class that had a thermometer in it, and it said 88 degrees Fahrenheit. It just seems to be getting hotter and hotter. Still waiting for Jack Frost. (I know in SD I shouldn't hold my breath.)
Post a Comment