
This proposition has caused me so much heartache in my personal life, and I am not relevant to the issue at all. I am a single straight gal not looking to get married anytime soon. And for some I have had "conversations" with this makes my opinion null and void. However, I feel so strongly about this that I can't just sit back. I AM VOTING NO ON PROP 8!
First to those whom I love that are married I want to say I am not slashing your marriage saying it is nothing. In fact that is my biggest point. Marriage is what you make of it. It is so much more then a word, title, or a piece of paper. But legally according to our state it is just that, a word, title and a piece of paper. Now I know I am not married, but I think from friends and family that are married this has been proven true.
This is the huge next civil rights issue. It is a form of repression to a group of people. I don't understand how anyone else can say it isn't. There is a privileged group of people that are allowed to have the title of being in a marriage, and then there is a group of people that aren't allowed just because of who they fall in love with. Most of the people I have chatted with about this who are for Prop 8 are mid to upper class, white, and have never had a right withheld from them. And most don't even have people in their lives that are gay. So they don't see the other side of the story.
I just want to stand up and scream open your eyes!!!! Thrive in Diversity!!!! Learn from others! Love your neighbors! I know this is a major religious hot topic, but if you are a believer in Christ I would think you would love all just as he did. Yep, Jesus loves ALL even those whom you might not deem worthy of marriage, show the love to them that Jesus would give. We are not a god, and don't have control to condemn others. Who am I to withhold anything from anyone!
Committed relationships are a beautiful thing no matter who is in the relationship. Everyone deserves to have a family, this includes the joy of children. I just hope and pray that this ugly discrimination ends. We live in a place where we celebrate diversity, but only if it fits into the types that are ok to celebrate. All need to be celebrated, and understood.
I hope this prop doesn't pass, and that the people of CA show their approval of the Supreme Court that put this acceptance of gay marriage into action. All deserve love, and all deserve to display their love through marriage if they wish. It is a constitutional right that all have!
4 comments:
I am right there with ya!!
VOTE NO on PROP 8!!!
xoxo
Hey Em, I did not know that you had a blog!!!! Considering how much I love blogging, I am so not hip to who else is out there blogging! All I need is your actual email address and I can add you to my safe list. Glad to see you are doing well! Love ya Becca
Em I love you but could not disagree with you more. I am protecting my kids and generations to come. If this does not pass it will deinstitutionalize MY marriage You have no idea of the repercussions this will cause if this does not pass.
And I love you too Aunt Stacey, but I think, well what I think is posted, and what you think is posted on your blog. And I don't know how this is a threat to your marriage, only you and your husband can destroy that, and I pray, and think that will never happen.
I love that we can agree to disagree.
Post a Comment