Sunday, September 28, 2008

Adams Ave. Street Fair

This weekend was the Street Fair on Adams Ave, and it was fun. I put in a long day on sat helping my church set up a booth for free airbrush tattoos. It is always so fun to be out in the community just meeting new people and enjoying the festivities. This setting was different than pride, more calm and easy going. Even though we always had a line out our tent, and I stood in one spot airbrushing adults, children and even a dog I loved every min. I think my fav aspect is when people would come up and say is it really for free? And I would answer yes and they would still be wondering what the catch was. It made me think of one of my dad's favorite sayings: "There is no such thing as a free lunch". I loved that we were just there to really be in the community. There was no push for them to listen to any lectures on how this church is the right church, but if questions were asked we were more than willing to answer them. That is my church in a nutshell, there to embrace all in a loving community and encourage you to ask questions along the way.

No comments: