The first, and only, time I had the pleasure of seeing Tony Bennett he sang one of my all time favorite classics, "Smile." I don't know why but this song always brings a tear to my eye.
Words by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons and music by Charlie Chaplin
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, youll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
Youll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying?
Youll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying?
Youll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
With that now said, I have been noticing that a little smile to a stranger is so nice! I have been trying this week to just smile at people as they are walking by, crossing the street infront of my car, standing on the street trying to get a hand out, anything. And strangely enough people are smiling back at me. Now I know this sounds cheesy, but have you ever looked around at people while driving! Everyone looks so mad to be sitting in their cars. It's the same with people leaving the Market, or the bank or even a resturant.
So I challenge you to make it "worthwhile" and "just smile" to see how you can light up someone who looked so mad in just one moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment